More than 50 years ago, the Club of Rome published its famous study “The Limits to Growth” warning that the unlimited expansion of the global economy is fundamentally unsustainable. Now that we understand anthropogenic climate change much better, policy makers around the world agree that a radical transformation of our societies is needed. But it is not only climate change, human society is close to reaching a number of ecological ceilings. Just think of biodiversity loss or air pollution.
However, there are also millions of people around the globe who want to build up a thriving economy within planetary boundaries. In this session we want to show some inspiring Viennese examples aiming at just that.
- Karin Zeltner, Vienna Business Agency
- Sigrid Stagl, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Eva Czernohorszky, Vienna Business Agency
- Klemens Leutgöb, e7 energy innovation & engineering
- Bianca Humer, Wiener Stadtwerke
- Sonja Zahradnik-Leonhartsberger, Smartworks
10:00 – 11:00
Spittelauer Lände 45, 1090 Wien