Create tech solutions in collaboration with cultural institutions
At this year’s viennacontemporary international art fair, CultTech Lab Vienna, will present the results of its first batch.
CultTech Lab Vienna marks the start of a planned CultTech Hub Vienna, which is set to develop over the next few years with the goal of making Vienna the digital cultural capital of Europe.
As part of different batches, leading Viennese cultural and educational institutions, such as Wiener Konzerthaus, Wien Museum or the Austrian Federal Theater Holding formulate challenges for new digital solutions, products and services.
The topics of the first batch include:
- Developing a complex new ticketing system for Viennese music institutions
- Creating a suite of object recognition solutions regarding the digitization process of artefacts
- Conceiving an exhibition project with a focus on innovation technology
As part of the programme, the participating startups will be brought together with cultural institutions in a matchmaking process, so that the best results can be achieved for joint development.
The presentation of the projects developed as part of CultTech Lab Vienna on 26 September 2019 at 3pm is open to all visitors of viennacontemporary.
International startups (not based in Vienna) can apply via the Discover Vienna: CultTech programme until August 28.
Vienna-based startups can apply by sending the following information to albrecht-stadler@ until August 28: triad.de
- Short description of your product
- Stage of your startup
- Number of people in your team
- Traction achieved so far in your primary market (brief summary)
- Your competitors and your USP in your target market (brief summary)
- Your plans regarding the international market (brief summary)
- Your motivation to participate
- Who (max. 2 people) will participate in the programme?
Conditions of participation
This programme is designed for creative companies and startups that are not older than 8 years, are beyond the idea/prototype stage and have already successfully launched in their domestic market.
Agenda 26 September:
- 10am: Visits of participating institutions, Viennese startup hubs
- 2pm: Visit of viennacontemporary with guided tour
- 3pm: public presentation of the projects of CultTech Lab Vienna at viennacontemporary
- 6pm: Reception (invitation only)
The CultTech Lab Vienna is organized by the CULTT Syndicate GmbH in cooperation with the Vienna Business Agency.
The event will be held in English and is accessible with a ticket to viennacontemporary.
Image © societybyte.swiss
16:00 – 19:00
Karl-Farkas-Gasse 19, 1030 Wien